Photobucket  Photobucket Photobucket  Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Sunday, May 6, 2012

Good morning!  Did you survive National Scrapbooking Day yesterday?  There is so much cool stuff happening across digi-land this weekend!  Hope you got to participate and also picked up some great bargains in the Farmer's Market at ScrapOrchard.  Since you're probably exhausted from all the chats, challenges, freebies, blog trains and sales, I'll keep my tutorial pretty simple today.

It's very handy to have a useful tool for unzipping all your digital scrapping files and freebies.  When you purchase a kit, you download several files (elements, papers, alphas, templates, word art).  Sometimes these are ZIP files and sometimes they may be RAR files.

A while back I found a very cool tool called Extract Now that's a very easy drag-n-drop tool for unzipping my files.  I thought WinZip was way too confusing and other tools couldn't handle RAR files.  Extract Now is a great time saver!  For me, I love finding a simple tool that does the job you want without all kinds of extra fancy bells and whistles.

You can download the free Extract Now software HERE at their site.  Once you install it, you'll want to make one quick edit in the settings.  If you click on the Settings button on the bottom left, you'll get a pop up window with several options.  Under Destination, I check these 3 options which will create a folder in the same directory that your zip is stored in.



Here's how it works.  I open up Windows Explorer and Extract Now and minimize the windows so that I can get both programs showing on my screen.  I highlight the ZIP or RAR files I want to unzip, and then drag and drop them into the Extract Now window.  Here's 4 files from Cheri's new Girls On Wheels kit.  I click on the Extract button on the bottom right corner and the program creates a folder for each zip file and quickly unzips everything.  Once I know everything unzipped properly, then I'll delete all the zip files.


It's very fast and very simple!  I've been using this program for a long time now and couldn't survive without it.  Hope you can use it too!  Have a great weekend!


1 comment:

  1. Thank you, Thank you , Thank you! I have alot of files I have been in need of extracting and quite frankly been dreading because of the time it takes to do so. I downloaded the extract now files and it is sooo easy! Again THANK YOU!

    ReplyDelete