Photobucket  Photobucket Photobucket  Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Sunday, August 26, 2012

Sunday Helper - Folder Images

Sometimes I think being clueless is a good thing because you have no idea what you're missing out on.  Then when you figure something out, you can't believe how simple it was and why you didn't know about this before hand.  For me this week, it was something as simple as a folder image.  So let me explain.

I'm still trying to figure out the best way to organize the bazillion amount of scrapbooking stuff I have on my PC.  I'm very aware that all the files take up a ton of space so when I get a new kit I unzip everything and consolidate it all into 1 folder.  Then I delete the zip as well as all the marketing files (like blinkies, internet pointers, piracy notices), TOU and that extra file of the preview image called "folder.jpg".  

I never knew what that "folder.jpg" image was for, seemed like just another copy of the preview image.  So to save space, poof I deleted them all.  If you don't know what it can do for you, then you'll never miss it right?  Hmmm.

So let me tell you what that little folder.jpg image does for you.  Here's a look at several folders I have on my PC for Dream Big Designs kits.  Look closely at what's inside each yellow folder image.  See how it's trying to show you a few items that are inside the folder.  Sometimes it's showing an element and a paper, sometimes 2 elements.  Kind of a hodge podge and not the most informative.  Inside all of these kits I have deleted the folder.jpg image (except for 1 folder, hehe).



Now, if you have a file that's called folder.jpg, then that file will show up as the single image inside the yellow folder.  Let's take a closer look, these folders do NOT have a folder.jpg file in them.  So instead, my PC picks up 2 images for me to show me a sampling of what's inside.  


Then I went and copied the kit preview file and renamed it to folder.jpg.  Now there is only 1 image showing up inside the little yellow folder and it's the image that I've called folder.jpg.


Once I figured that out, I quickly went into each kit folder, copied the kit preview image and renamed it to folder.jpg.  Now when I look at my folders at a high level, I can get a better feel for what's inside them because I can see the preview image of each kit.



Of course, this barely scratches the surface in organizational strategies, but at least I now know what that file is for.  So in my peaceful bliss of being clueless about several thing, folder.jpg is one that I can cross off my list.  Maybe I won't be so quick fingered with all my deleting in the future.  Hope you have a great week!


No comments:

Post a Comment